Friday, May 27, 2011

Dad of badly shaken baby: 'I'm not a criminal' (Greenwood, Indiana)

This poor sweetheart! You are so right! Nobody should be held accountable for inflicting serious brain damage on a helpless infant--especially when you're a "tired and frustrated" father! Dads shouldn't be held accountable for abuse. Everybody knows that. Where's your get-out-of-jail free card, anyway? Everybody get out your violin for dad GABRIEL COOPER now!

I swear, the only parents I ever see who ever make or get away with the "tired and frustrated" excuse are fathers. A mother who did this to her baby would be condemned out-of-hand as a heartless bitch underserving of any mercy.

http://www.dailyjournal.net/view/local_story/Dad_of_badly_shaken_baby_I_m_n_1306203635/

Dad of badly shaken baby: ‘I’m not a criminal’
By ANNIE GOELLER
Daily Journal staff writer
First Posted: May 23, 2011 - 10:23 pm
Last Updated: May 23, 2011 - 10:23 pm

A Greenwood father said he was tired and frustrated the day police said he grabbed and violently shook his infant son, causing brain injuries.

Gabriel Cooper, 19, said he knows he made a big mistake.

He hopes to be released from jail soon, so he can go back to school at University of Indianapolis and move into a home with his fiance and son, like they had been planning and saving for.

“I really want to be a father and get to the life I had. I’m not a criminal,” Cooper said.

He was charged Monday with neglect of a dependent causing serious bodily injury, a Class B felony, and could face up to 20 years in prison.