Friday, May 27, 2011

Dad gets custody of 2-year-old son after accusing mom of abuse; one week later the boy is dead (Ecorse, Michigan)

So Mama was really the abusive one, eh? And it's just this amazing coincidence that one week after UNNAMED DAD got custody, the 2-year-old boy is dead. He "accidentally" drowned, see, while, um, daddy was "removing a frog from their home." Wow. That's some story. Big points for creativity at least.

In reality, we have seen many, many cases here at Dastardly Dads of fathers who went on smear campaigns against the mothers of their children. It was all in a concerted campaign to ruin the mother's reputation and rob her of her children. Pure revenge, abuse, and control. And after all that, who needs the kids? They're just collateral damage after this point.

2-Year-Old Ecorse Boy Drowns In Bathtub
Police Say Father Left Boy In Tub While He Was Taking Frog Outside

POSTED: Tuesday, May 24, 2011
UPDATED: 12:52 pm EDT May 24, 2011

ECORSE, Mich. -- Ecorse police said it only took minutes for a 2-year-old boy to drown in a bathtub after his father had stepped away to remove a frog from their home.

Lt. Stephen Salas said the boy, Kamarion Lewis, had only moved into his father's apartment a week ago after abuse allegations surfaced with his mother.

"The child was rescued only to have this horrible accident a very short time later," he said.

Salas said Lewis' father had captured a frog to show his son on Sunday and was keeping it in a box in his apartment. But the father's girlfriend insisted the frog be taken out of the home and Lewis' father left him in the tub while he took the frog out, Salas said.

When the father returned, the boy was face down in seven inches of water, Salas said.

"He did say that he attempted to do CPR, although he'd never been trained in CPR. So, he wasn't sure if he had used the correct methods," Salas said. "But he said the child had started to cough water. He did dry the child and call 911."

Salas said Lewis was unresponsive when EMS crews arrived, and was pronounced dead at Children's Hospital in Detroit.

Salas said the situation appears to be an accident, but Lewis' father and the girlfriend are being interviewed.

"I would have to say that you should never leave a child unattended in the bathtub, especially when they're a toddler or small," he said.

No charges have been filed yet.