Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Mystery deepens: In total, TWO children have died at home of custodial dad, step in past 5 months (Webb, Saskatchewan, Canada)

We first reported on this case just recently, of the 2 1/2-year-old boy who turned up dead at the home of his custodial UNNAMED DAD. Yesterday we heard that the boy's death had been ruled a homicide. We still have no information on the father's name, or how this little boy came to live with him. There hasn't been one single word about his mother. And now the mystery deepens: it seems the the boy's 3-year-old sister died in the home just 5 months ago in what was then ruled a drowning "accident." Hmm. Such a coincidence. No wonder the authorities are looking at the girl's death again.

How about looking at how this father gained custody of these children and who gave them to him?

RCMP probe 2nd death at Sask. home
Last Updated: Wednesday, December 22, 2010 8:22 AM CST
CBC News

The death of 2½-year-old boy in rural Saskatchewan is being investigated as a homicide — the second death of a child on the same property in the past few months.

RCMP identified the boy as William Michael Vayro, who was living with his biological father and stepmother. Police said the boy was found dead Saturday afternoon in his home near Webb, Sask., about 25 kilometres west of Swift Current.

Five months ago, the boy's three-year-old sister died on the same property. Her drowning death was ruled accidental, police said.

Police initially said boy's case was a sudden death. It was being investigated as a homicide following the results of an autopsy conducted Monday. Police would not release the cause of death, citing their ongoing investigation.

Officers were in the home Tuesday on the strength of a search warrant.

Earlier police reported that the boy had been put down for a nap in the late morning on Saturday and was discovered later that afternoon to be unresponsive in his bed.

An ambulance from Swift Current was contacted and arrived on scene shortly after 4 p.m. CST Saturday. Police said the boy was already dead.

Read more: