Friday, July 30, 2010

Dad arrested for burning wife to death, injuring children in arson attack (Port Elizabeth, South Africa)

UNNAMED DAD has been arrested for burning his wife to death and attempting to murder their two children. Seems sicko Daddy deliberately set the mother ablaze while she was tied to a chair. The brave children tried to get help and save their mother, but only managed to get seriously injured in the process. There's got to be a special place in hell for a dude like this. Pure evil.

Child tries in vain to save burning mother

Gareth Wilson

A 48-YEAR-OLD man is under police guard at Port Elizabeth’s Dora Nginza Hospital after allegedly burning his wife alive and attempting to kill his two children by setting fire to their family home.

The woman, 40, died and her two children, 10, and 13, were seriously injured after their father, who cannot be named until he appears in court, allegedly poured petrol over their Magxaki Street, Kwazakhele, house and set it alight last Sunday.

The woman’s sister described the incident as horrific, saying details of how the incident had unfolded were still sketchy.

“We know she was tied to a chair in her house and her husband bought petrol and poured it all over the inside of the house.”

For some unknown reason, he had allegedly set the petrol alight, causing the house to go up in flames.

“Her daughter ran to a window and managed to call for help and the neighbours phoned the police,” she said. “We are not sure how, but they managed to get the door open and run out, but Xola stayed behind and tried to untie his mother.”

As the blaze grew, Xola was pulled outside.

“His mother was burnt severely while tied to the chair, but when the ambulance arrived she was still alive. They were all rushed to hospital and I was called the next day by doctors.”

The woman died in hospital of third-degree burns.

“The children are better, but still in hospital recovering,” the sister said.

The police are investigating a case of murder and two cases of attempted murder.

Warrant officer Hazel Mqala confirmed that the father had been arrested and was under police guard in the hospital.

The Herald team visited the children in hospital, but they did not want to talk about the incident. Both were in a stable condition.

Family members at the hospital said they were angry about what had happened. The father will remain under police guard until he is deemed fit to appear in court.