Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dad charged in 2-year-old daughter's murder rejects plea bargain (Freehold, New Jersey)

We've posted on this case several times over the past two years. Notice that Mom was "nice" and allowed the father visitation with no order of the court....and still he reacted by throwing this little girl off a bridge like so much garbage.

Dad is identified as ARTHUR MORGAN III.

Father charged in 2-year-old's murder rejects plea bargain

Nov. 6, 2013 11:57 PM
Written by Associated Press

FREEHOLD — A New Jersey man accused of tossing his 2-year-old daughter into a creek while she was still strapped in her car seat has rejected a plea deal and will instead stand trial early next year.

Arthur Morgan III of Eatontown has been in jail on $10 million bail since his arrest two years ago. He’s charged with murder, child endangerment and interference with custody and faces a maximum sentence of life without parole, plus 15 years to be served consecutively.

Monmouth County prosecutors reportedly offered Morgan a sentence of life without parole in return for his guilty plea.

The 29-year-old is charged in the death of Tierra Morgan-Glover, whose body was found partially submerged in a park creek in November 2011.

Authorities have said Morgan asked the girl’s mother if he could take Tierra to see a movie about dancing penguins. When he didn’t return her after a few hours, the mother called police.

Morgan allegedly tossed the car seat, with his daughter strapped snugly inside its protective belts, from an overpass into the chilly water of the creek. To ensure that it sank, he had attached a car jack, the heavy metal contraption used to raise a car’s chassis to change a flat tire.

Schoolchildren found Tierra’s body underwater in Wall, still wearing her pink coat and strapped in her pink floral-pattern car seat.

Her cause of death was listed as “homicidal violence, including submersion in water.”

An autopsy determined that the child was alive when she hit the water.

Morgan was captured by U.S. marshals in San Diego the day after his daughter’s funeral.