Friday, November 8, 2013

Dad arrested after 2-year-old son burned during his visitation; second time boy has been hospitalized in two weeks (Dayton, Ohio)

Too bad the authorities have no common sense, and mothers aren't allowed to use their intuition to determine who is safe around their child. The CPS idiots assured this mother that the marks on her son's legs were "just a rash," and it was okay to let him stay with Daddy and the new girlfriend. Less than two weeks later, the boy is hospitalized with burns on his back.

Hopefully this boy won't have to visit with Dad DARIUS WATSON anymore. Not clarified here whether visitation was court-ordered or not. Unfortunately, if mothers don't "voluntarily" allow visitation, this will be held against them by the courts and visitation WILL be court-ordered.

Updated: 4:42 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013 | Posted: 10:34 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013

Father arrested after child burned

By Breaking News Staff

DAYTON — A Dayton father is in jail after his 2-year-old son was hospitalized for the second time in two weeks.

Darius Watson, 24, is facing a possible felony charge of child endangering.

According to a Dayton police report, Watson brought his son to Dayton Children's Hospital on Wednesday with burns on his back. When the boy's mother arrived that afternoon she became enraged with Watson and they began fighting in the lobby, prompting the hospital staff to call police. Hospital personnel then informed police that they were treating the couple's child who had been burned by an unknown source.

"Sometimes we see burns of that nature consistent with hot water or scalding injuries," said Dayton Police Lt. Wendy Stiver.

It was the second time police had been called to the hospital in two weeks to investigate possible abuse of the boy.

On Oct. 30, officers observed the boy there while he was being treated for suspicious marks on his legs. His mother said the marks occurred while he was staying with Watson and his girlfriend.

Montgomery County Children Services was called to investigate and Watson was not arrested or charged, according to a police report.

"We investigate a lot of child endangerment claims," Stiver said. "Sometimes it's clear cut and obvious that the nature of the injury was excessive... Sometimes it's a less clear line or the nature of the injuries is less severe."

She said police don't always make arrests in those ambiguous cases involving children, but refer the case to Children Services. "It's up to the officers and the detectives to try to determine where that line is."

The boy's mother told police on Wednesday that she allowed the boy to stay with Watson again this week because the caseworker told her the marks on the toddler's legs were just a rash and that they were dropping the abuse investigation.

Contacted on Thursday, Montgomery County Children Services sent a statement that said, "Our staff has followed established protocols in the matter, and our investigation is ongoing."