Thursday, April 4, 2013

3-year-old girl found after being in care of custodial dad (Brisbane, Australia)

This article is written in an extremely confusing way. It's easy to get lost in the all the crap about some guy getting arrested for traffic offenses and therefore miss entirely that the death (murder) of this 3-year-old girl took place while she was in the full-time care of her custodial father, identified here as MATTHEW WILLIAMSON.

Dead child: man assisting police with investigation

Date March 31, 2013

Katherine Feeney

A 44-year-old Brisbane man will face court Tuesday charged with traffic offences as police question him over the death of three-year-old Kyhesha-Lee Joughin at Petrie.

The Brisbane man, assisting police with their investigation into the shocking discovery of a dead three-year-old girl in a north Brisbane home on Saturday, will face court in Grafton on Tuesday.

While no arrests have been made in relation to the death of Kyhesha-Lee Joughin, the 44-year-old man will be formally charged with traffic offences that led to his arrest at a routine traffic stop at Ulmarra on Sunday.

Following his arrest for driving while disqualified and driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle, Queensland detectives travelled to Grafton to interview the man in relation to Kyhesha-Lee’s death.

An outstanding warrant for his arrest in Queensland, which was discovered after New South Wales police took him into custody, related to disqualified driving.

He initially allegedly gave police a false name before he was arrested and taken to Grafton police station, where he remains after a local court refused bail at a closed court session on Monday morning.

A Queensland Police spokesman said no extradition orders have been placed.

He remains a key player in the investigation into the circumstances surrounding Kyhesha-Lee’s death.

It is understood the child had been at home with her father, Matthew Williamson, on the day her body was found.

But it appears that a phone call from the 44-year-old man that alerted Metropolitan North Region police to the child's death.

He was not at the family's home at the time the authorities arrived at the Petrie house.

His relationship to the family cannot be confirmed by police at this time. Police are also still waiting for the results of an autopsy, according to a police spokesman.

Both Kyhesha-Lee’s father and mother, Danielle Joughin, have made official statements, and they continue to support the investigation which was launched on Saturday afternoon once the child’s body was discovered by police.

 After attempts to revive the toddler failed, crime and scientific officers established a crime scene at the address at 3pm, with forensic teams sweeping the Old Dayboro Road apartment and its windows for fingerprints.

It is understood Kyhesha-Lee had been living there full-time with her father.

The family is said to be in shock. “Please Everyone this is my Darling Little Niece,” wrote her uncle on Facebook hours after police announced their investigation.

“If you have any information about who did this I beg of you to speak up. Help lock up the low life scum bags who did this.”

It is unclear at this stage exactly who was at the house at the time of Kyhesha-Lee’s death.