Friday, April 18, 2014

Dad indicted in death of 3-month-old daughter (Lawrenceville, Georgia)

Yet another "babysitting" abuser daddy who killed the baby while Mom worked.

This one is identified as REUBEN ARTHUR VALRIE.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/news/2014/apr/17/gwinnett-father-indicted-in-infant-daughter8217s/

Gwinnett father indicted in infant daughter's death

By Tyler Estep

As of Thursday, April 17, 2014

Gwinnett Daily Post

LAWRENCEVILLE — A Gwinnett County grand jury indicted Wednesday the Lawrenceville man accused of shaking his infant daughter to death earlier this year.

Reuben Arthur Valrie, 28, was indicted on two counts of felony murder and single counts of both first-degree cruelty to children and aggravated battery. The charges stem from the Jan. 15 death of 3-month-old Aliyana Valrie.

According to police and testimony and prior hearings, Valrie was alone with his daughter on the day she died, running errands after the girl’s mother went to work and her siblings went to school. When Aliyana’s mother returned to their apartment on Lawrenceville’s Sweetwater Road, the girl was unresponsive. Revival efforts were unsuccessful.

A subsequent autopsy revealed extensive internal injuries, including multiple broken ribs, a lacerated liver and bleeding in the child’s abdomen and head.

When questioned by police, Valrie reportedly offered several different explanations, including that Aliyana’s car seat had fallen over, that she had fallen out of bed and that he had picked her up and almost dropped her, resulting in a “quick, harsh motion” that snapped her head back.

The county medical examiner told authorities none of those situations would have explained the extent of the injuries. Police have accused him of “grabbing and shaking the child, causing internal injuries that led to her death.”

No potential motive has been offered.

Valrie was originally charged with murder and second-degree cruelty to children. The felony murder charges in his indictment are based on Aliyana’s death occurring during the commission of two separate felonies: cruelty to children and aggravated battery.

Valrie has remained in the Gwinnett County jail since his original arrest on Jan. 17.

Dad to be sentenced in abuse death of 4-month-old son (Kalamazoo, Michigan)

Dad is identified as TAHJ LOCKETT SR. Why isn't this being called a murder?

http://wwmt.com/shared/news/features/top-stories/stories/wwmt_kalamazoo-twp-man-sentenced-child-abuse-20140.shtml#.U1KNB9fD8pQ

Kalamazoo Twp. man to be sentenced for child abuse

Updated: Friday, April 18 2014, 08:28 AM EDT

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - Friday, a Kalamazoo Township man charged with abusing is expected to be sentenced.

4-month-old Tahj Lockett Junior died last November from multiple injuries.

Two days later his father, Tahj Senior, was charged with first degree child abuse.

Friends of the family tell us Lockett was home alone with the child the morning he died. They also say there was a history of abuse.

In court Lockett told police he had been smoking marijuana the day his son died. Police say Lockett also admitted to being responsible for bite marks found on his son.

We will keep you updated on what happens in court.

Dad who severely sexually assaulted daughter declared dangerous offender (Winnipeg, Canada)

UNNAMED DAD. Notice that there is no mention of a mother in the home. What happened to her? Sounds like a single father....

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/breakingnews/Father-who-severely-sexually-assaulted-daughters-declared-dangerous-offender-255690291.html

Father who severely sexually assaulted daughters declared dangerous offender

By: James Turner
Posted: 04/17/2014 2:56 PM

A Winnipeg father who subjected his daughters to years of sadistic sexual abuse has been declared a dangerous offender and sentenced to an indefinite prison term.

The man, 49, cannot be identified and most details of the crimes he committed against the girls starting around the time they were nine and 11-years-old cannot be published due to their graphic nature.

He pleaded guilty to several offences, including sexual assault, making child pornography and invitation to sexual touching in September 2012. His admission of guilt set the stage for the Crown's request that he be declared a dangerous offender.

A "D.O." designation in Canada is rare and shifts the onus the offender to prove to corrections officials he's worked in prison to significantly reduce the public risk he poses.

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Brenda Keyser found there was no "reasonable possibility" at this point in time his risk could eventually be controlled in the community.

The case broke open in August 2011 after one of the girls went to RCMP to disclose what her father had done to her. "It is apparent (she) blocked out much of the suffered abuse," Keyser wrote in a 28-page decision handed down this afternoon.

Winnipeg police then interviewed the other victim and moved to search the man's home, in which they uncovered the largest collection of child pornography ever seen in Manitoba.

"The collection was so massive that there was difficulty in categorizing and cataloging all of it," Keyser said. More than 127,000 child pornography images were found, including more than 2,600 relating to the victims.

Other evidence was also uncovered confirming the victims' accounts.

The Crown played portions of the seized video evidence at a hearing closed to the public last year. In one of them, the father talks about getting angry at the victims, telling them: "'I'm not trying to rape you, I'm trying to make love to you,'" according to Keyser's decision.

"'That's why I take my anger out on you guys," he told them. "Being alone too doesn't help and it bottles up. Then you come over and it triggers and you get it all,'" he's quoted as saying.

The man was arrested at work and police learned from supervisors that the man was "a loner, who seemed a bit weird, was very moody and had a temper," said Keyser.

In 1994, the father pleaded guilty to molesting a young boy, the son of his then-common-law partner and was handed three years of probation. The abuse he inflicted on that child mirrors, but in a much smaller way, what he did to the girls.

Victim impact statements Keyser was shown of all three victims "demonstrate the extreme amount of damage inflicted on them," she said.

One of the girls is "an absolute emotional mess," Keyser said.

"It will take years for her to have normal relationships, if that ever occurs," the judge stated.

The Crown called an expert in paediatric forensics to provide Keyser with information on the long-term impact of the abuse the victims endured.

Dr. Sharon Cooper opined that kids subjected to years of "sadistic sexual abuse" (also seen as a form of "child torture," Keyser said) may end up with increased odds of chronic ill health and early death, a loss of faith and spiritual hope and a "lifetime" of psychological and emotional dysfunction.

"Dr. Cooper concluded the the cost of medical and mental health care for child sexual abuse victims rises typically to over $500,000 over a lifetime," Keyser wrote.

A forensic psychiatrist commissioned by the court to interview the offender found he had no "specific personality disorders," but has "abundant sexual deviancy" and is a pedophile and sexual sadist.

Dr. Shabehram Lohrasbe "expressed concern over the likelihood of (the father) expanding his pool of victims in the future because of his thoughts and fantasies involving children outside his family," Keyser stated. "The most troublesome potential scenario for the foreseeable future was that the roles power, control, pain, suffering and torture might escalate with future victims," Keyser said of Lohrasbe's findings.

Sexual offender counselling — something the father went through after he abused the boy in the early 1990s — may only increase, not reduce his risk down the road, the doctor suggested.

"Dr. Lohrasbe had concern that treatment (for him) might be worse than useless and that it might, in fact, actually enhance his risk for violence," Keyser said of the doctor's evidence.

Keyser ultimately accepted Lohrasbe's conclusion that the man's risk is too grave to be released.

"(He) will still be able to apply for parole in the future, and if he does serious work in treatment then the assessment of his ongoing risk may change," Keyser stated.

The man showed no emotion as he learned his fate.

Dad convicted in death of 6-week-old son (Baltimore, Maryland)

Dad is identified as DION WARE.

http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/father-convicted-child-abuse-resulting-death-6weekold-son-27253.shtml#.U1KHf9fD8pQ

Father Convicted of Child Abuse Resulting in Death of 6-Week-Old Son

Updated: Thursday, April 17 2014, 06:05 PM EDT

A Baltimore City Circuit Court jury has convicted Dion Ware, 21, of child abuse resulting in the death of his six-week-old son in 2012. The jury could not reach a consensus on the charge of second-degree murder.

Ware faces a maximum of 30 years in prison.

Police responded to the 300 block E. 22nd Street in the Barclay neighborhood for a call for service in reference to a child not breathing on November 26, 2012. Ware told responding officers that he had given his son a bottle of formula and put him down for an afternoon nap. Ware said he went back into the bedroom 20 minutes later, noticed his son was having breathing problems, and began to administer CPR. Ware claimed he realized he was pushing too hard during CPR and ran outside to call for help.

The child's mother had returned home from running errands shortly before the incident and was washing dishes in the kitchen at the time. She did not know anything was wrong until the police and paramedics arrived at her house, the Office of the State's Attorney said.

Responders rushed the child to Johns Hopkins Hospital's Children's Emergency Room where he was pronounced dead. According to the Office of the State's Attorney doctors found severe bruising to the right side of the child's face and chest, as well as multiple fractured ribs. Based on the injuries the death was ruled a homicide.

Ware later admitted to hitting his son when he would not stop crying. He is scheduled for sentencing on June 10, 2014.

Dad arrested for abusing 3-month-old daughter (Albuquerque, New Mexico)

Dad is identified as STEFON MILLER. No mention of the mother.

http://www.koat.com/news/police-shaken-3monthold-has-brain-bleed/25536680

Police: Shaken 3-month-old has brain bleed

Stefon Miller arrested, charged in the case

UPDATED 5:49 PM MDT Apr 17, 2014

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Albuquerque police said they charged a 22-year-old man with child abuse resulting in great bodily harm after a 3-month-old in his care had to undergo surgery for a brain bleed.

According to the criminal complaint, police went to a home in the 700 block of Halter Drive SW Tuesday after someone reported a baby was in distress.

The infant was rushed to University of New Mexico Hospital where she underwent surgery to repair a brain bleed. She is in critical condition.

Police said Stefon Miller originally told officers the child was injured while he was tossing her up in the air and catching her in a playful manner. On Wednesday, police said Miller admitted to shaking the baby girl out of frustration.

Miller was arrested and charged with child abuse resulting in great bodily harm.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Dad who whipped to death 12-year-old son has 1-year jail sentence overturned (Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates)

Killer daddy coddling under Sharia law. Dad is identified as EMERATI R M.

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/courts/one-year-jail-term-for-father-who-whipped-son-to-death-rejected-by-abu-dhabi-court

One-year jail term for father who whipped son to death rejected by Abu Dhabi court

Haneen Dajani
April 16, 2014
Updated: April 16, 2014 19:22:00
ABU DHABI // A father who whipped his 12-year-old son to death has had his one-year jail sentence overturned by the court of cassation.

Emirati R M admitted repeatedly hitting his son with an electrical wire and a cane, claiming he only wanted to discipline him for poor school grades.

The beating was so severe the son was left unconscious and covered in blood.

He was driven to hospital by his mother where he was declared dead.

Prosecutors originally charged R M with causing death by beating, which holds a maximum jail term of 15 years.

At the first trial in Abu Dhabi Criminal Court, the charge was changed to premeditated murder.

As the boy’s heirs, the father’s parents, waived their rights to a death sentence, R M was sentenced to three years in jail and a blood money settlement of Dh200,000.

His sentence was later reduced by the appeals court to one year, as the boy’s mother also waived her right to blood money.

On Wednesday, the court of cassation ruled that the heirs should not have been consulted in this case.

The law states that a father cannot be charged with premeditated murder unless he confesses, which R M did not, or if it was a straightforward murder act.

In this case, as the tools he used to kill his son were not weapons, it proved it was an attack driven by anger and not planned.

Also, Sharia states that a parent cannot be executed for killing his or her own child.

Hence, there was no death penalty to waive anyway, so the charge should have been beating that led to death.

Also, the medical report showed there was not a fatal blow from the father, as the boy died from shock caused by the pain of the beating.

The cassation court therefore rejected the appeals court’s sentence of one year for premeditated murder and bounced it back for another hearing.

Dad arrested in homicide of 2-month-old daughter (Cleveland, Ohio)

Dad is identified as BRANDON MOSS.

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2014/04/teen_father_accused_of_killing.html

Cleveland father accused of killing 2-month-old baby arrested in Warrensville Heights, records say

By Cory Shaffer | Northeast Ohio Media Group
on April 14, 2014 at 2:20 PM, updated April 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The 18-year-old Cleveland man accused of killing his 2-month-old daughter last week has been taken into custody, according to court records.

Brandon Moss turned himself into Warrensville Heights police Monday on a warrant charging him with aggravated murder connected to Renee Moss's Wednesday death, according to Cleveland Municipal Court records.

A judge signed off on the warrant Friday, after police said medical information showed Renee had been subjected to "prolonged abuse" over an extended period of time, according to an affidavit.

Moss called 9-1-1 Wednesday night and said Renee stopped breathing. The dispatcher walked Moss through CPR as paramedics rushed to the Carson Avenue apartment about 11:40 p.m.

The Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner's office ruled Renee died of blunt force trauma to the head and body. Her death was ruled a homicide.

While police routinely conduct initial investigations of most children's deaths, paramedics called police to the apartment because the child had a bruise on her back, police said.