Friday, January 31, 2014

Dad being investigated for "suspicious death" of 1-year-old daughter during visitation; DHS had investigated him for child abuse before (Kalamazoo, Michigan)

Read this carefully, and you'll see it's the same old story. The mother was forced to share custody/allow visitation with the father--even though the father was under previous suspicion of child abuse, which DHS failed (one again) to follow up on.

As a result, we now have a child that is dead--allegedly from Daddy's "rough housing." Whether Daddy is just clueless or vicious remains to be seen. But it's still the case that the child is dead--apparently from his actions.

But even now, the family court has refused to step it up and terminate Daddy's parental rights. So Daddy will still have access to this mother's surviving child. Sickening.

Dad is identified as JARROD ELLIOTT.

Investigation underway after suspicious death of Kalamazoo child

Updated: Thursday, January 30 2014, 06:26 PM EST

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - New details tonight about the suspicious death of a one-year-old child in Kalamazoo.

Little Ava Jones was found dead in a mobile home in the Pavilion Estates Park on November 30th.

Thursday in family court new information was revealed about the girl's father Jarrod Elliott, who was watching baby Ava when she died.

According to DHS investigation Jarrod Elliott was watching Jones the night she died.

He told investigators they were rough-housing and "she was hit in the head while being swung around..."

He says he put her in her crib and when he checked back he says he found her, “not breathing, purple in color with blood coming out of her mouth, nose and ears.”

But the child's mother says she doesn’t believe his story.

"I actually saw both of the kids the day before her passing and she was perfectly fine, happy little self, one year old," says Emily Jones.

In court records DHS says last January the child returned from a visit with Elliott with bruises on her face and a foot injury.

Investigators removed evidence from the home in November when the child died and the Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office says only there is an open investigation.

"There's so many stories, we don't exactly what happened, there's so many," says Jones.

In family court today Jones was hoping Elliott would lose parental rights to see the two-year-old son the two have together. DHS has recommended Elliott lose those rights but there was no decision today.