Happy New Year, all you dastardly readers out there. Please be patient as I try to catch up after a week or so of holiday merriment.
This is one of those stories where the cops are bending over backwards trying to be "objective," but come one. Is there really any doubt that UNNAMED DAD is behind this triple stabbing which resulted in the death of his 2-year-old daughter? If it had been Mom or even somebody else, I don't think Daddy would have started the Daddy Drama police standoff, do you?
Police to question father over child death
January 3, 2011
The father of a two-year-old girl killed during a triple stabbing in Sydney's southwest remains under police guard in hospital.
Detectives said on Monday they were still waiting to interview the 32-year-old man, who suffered a knife wound to his chest.
The two-year-old girl died after she was attacked along with a 24-year-old woman at their home in Canley Vale on Saturday.
The woman was discovered in the stairwell of their apartment block with stab wounds to her chest and shoulder about 6pm (AEDT).
The man barricaded himself inside the unit with the child after police were called.
Police tried negotiating with him for over an hour before they forced their way in, finding the toddler unconscious with a stab wound and the man with a stab wound to his chest.
The little girl was rushed to The Children's Hospital at Westmead but she died a short time later.
The woman was taken to Liverpool Hospital, where she was said to be in a stable condition.
Neither police nor the hospital would comment on the condition of the man or the woman on Monday.
Cabramatta police Superintendent Ray King said officers were keeping an open mind over the incident.
"Obviously, the man has to be spoken to and be interviewed and so does the injured female," he told reporters on Sunday.
Strike Force Claser is investigating the incident, which police have described as "domestic".