Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"Violent father" gets life sentence for murder of 17-year-old daughter (Cardigan, Wales, United Kingdom)

Dad GARY FISHER, who incidentally had a long history of violence against women, has been convicted in the stabbing death of his 17-year-old daughter and sentenced to life in prison. Yet despite his history, he still had visitation with his daughter. Unfortunately, this is not uncommon anymore.

We've posted on this case before. Seems Daddy was miffed that his daughter wanted to spend more time with her boyfriend, and less time with the old man. A lot of abusers start to treat their daughters with the same violent control tactics that they inflict on all their "women"--and Fisher was obviously one of them.



Sasha Jones, also known as Chanelle, was murdered by her father
Tuesday March 30,2010
By John Twomey

A VIOLENT father was jailed for life for the murder of his teenage daughter yesterday and told the judge: “Thank you.”

Gary Fisher was branded a wicked liar for killing Sasha Jones, 17, and then pretending it was an act of mercy.

Fisher, who once beheaded an ex-lover’s cat, claimed he want­ed to end his daughter’s suffering after she was raped at 14. But earlier this month a jury at Swansea Crown Court found him guilty of murder.

Mr Justice Lloyd Jones sentenced him to life with a minimum of 20 years, so he will be 68 before he can be considered for parole. Fisher replied: “Thank you.”

Fisher, who has a long history of violence and harassment towards women, stabbed Sasha 22 times with a hunting knife.

He had picked her up in his Ford Fiesta from her mother’s home in Cardigan last August.

Sasha, also known as Chanelle, desperately tried to fight him off and suffered appalling defensive wounds before she died. Fisher, of Solihull, West Midlands, then drove around for 10 hours with his daughter’s body under a blanket in the front seat.

At one point, he drove past Sasha’s mother, Jayne Jones, and was seen to smirk and look up to the sky.

Mrs Jones later reported Sasha missing and Fisher was stopped. He told detectives that they had entered into a suicide pact because she could not come to terms with the rape. But the judge told Fisher: “Your claim that you killed her as an act of mercy is an obvious and wicked lie.”

Christopher Clee, prosecuting, said Fisher had previously been jailed for harassment after leaving a stolen gravestone outside a woman’s house. “He killed her cat, leaving its head on her doorstep,” he added.

Mrs Jones said after the case: “It upsets me how awful and petrifying those last few hours must have been for Chanelle.”