Friday, August 10, 2012

Daughter testifies against dad in kidnapping trial; mother hasn't been seen since January 2011 (Caddo Parish, Louisiana)

Dad is identified as EDDIE JACKSON.

Daughter testifies against father in kidnapping trial

2:14 PM, Jul. 30, 2012

Eddie Jackson, 41, is charged with kidnapping and arson related to the January 2011 disappearance of Tracy Winslow

Written by Loresha Wilson

Tracy Winslow’s 15-year-old daughter avoided looking at her dad as she told a Caddo Parish jury how she watched him beat her mom, then threaten to kill her.

The girl, whose name is being withheld because of her age, testified during Eddie Jackson’s kidnapping and simple arson trial that in the early morning hours of Thanksgiving 2010 she ran into her parents room after hearing the two arguing.

“I heard them going back and forth and when I ran in there to see what was happening, he was hitting her in the head with the gun,” the girl said. “He stopped, started threatening her and then shot the gun in the ceiling. He told us to get out of his house and he would kill us.”

Jackson, 41, is on trial for kidnapping Winslow then setting her car on fire. Authorities found her burning 2006 Dodge Charger Jan. 24, 2011 in north Shreveport - just hours before family members reported her missing.

Winslow left the Oil City residence she shared with her mother about 3 p.m. the day before to visit her new boyfriend in Shreveport. The daughter testified her mom called about 11 p.m. to let them know she was almost home.

The teen broke down in tears as she told jurors: “I remember waking up at 3 in the morning and them telling me my mama missing.”

Prosecutors say Jackson kidnapped Winslow because she broke off their 15-year relationship and then burned her vehicle to destroy DNA evidence. Winslow’s son and boyfriend are expected to take the stand when court resumes today.

Larry Wiggins, the boyfriend, is the last person to talk to Winslow. Prosecutors say Wiggins talked to Winslow as she drove from Shreveport to Oil City late Jan. 23, 2011.

When the victim arrived home, he reported hearing Winslow and Jackson arguing and possibly fighting through the phone before she told Wiggins she’d call him back.

No one has heard from or seen Winslow since.