Monday, November 7, 2011

Sickening enabler excuses "alleged" killer dad, not one word of sympathy for murdered grandson; how did dad get custody? (South Bend, Indiana)

People like Enabler Granny make me sick. She must have known that her son, sicko daddy TERRY STURGIS, was brutally beating his kids for hours at a time. After all, she lived with them! But all she does is lie about it.

And how did this piece of sh** for a father get custody???? Who gave it to him? I, for one, would like to know why the mom "isn't around." Important to know when this murder is described as one of South Bend's most brutal ever.

Get this. Even though she insists that Daddy isn't a "monster," she goes ahead and blames his diabetes and kidney problems for his possible criminality anyway. Disgusting.

http://www.wsbt.com/wsbt-exclusive-south-bend-grandmother-speaks-about-beating-death-of-grandson-20111106,0,2183450.story

WSBT EXCLUSIVE: South Bend grandmother says 'son isn't a monster' after grandson's beating death
By Clifton French
10:58 p.m. EST, November 6, 2011

SOUTH BEND—
The grandmother of 10-year-old Tramelle Sturgis is speaking with WSBT in an exclusive interview, shedding some light on a tragedy that claimed her grandson's life on Friday.

Dellia Castile lives at a home in the 1100 block of West Washington Street, and on Friday that is where her own son, 35-year-old Terry Sturgis, allegedly beat the young boy to death using both a club and his fists, restraining him with duct tape as the blows were delivered.

Dellia Castile defends her son.

Three days after Tramelle was killed and Terry was arrested for his murder, Dellia has returned to her home.

"My son by no means is a monster,” Dellia said. “I don't care what the media says. My son is not a monster. They don't know my son, I know my son. He's not a monster."

Dellia was at home when her grandson was killed. It was early Friday morning when she says she woke up to screaming.

"I was woken out of my sleep hearing my son screaming his child's name,” Dellia said. “By me not being able to get around that well, I had my granddaughter, who sleeps in the same room with me, go downstairs to tell me what was going on.”

She says she heard her son yell to her that Tramelle wasn't breathing. Dellia then called 911.

When first responders and police arrived, everyone in the house was taken in for questioning by police. It was there where Dellia says she learned her grandson had died and it was also the last time she saw her son.

"I went in that room, I sat next to my son and he told me 'Mommy I don't know what happened,’" Dellia said, "He told those (detectives) he remembered whooping him."

But Dellia says, after that, Terry told her he blacked out. According to court documents, Terry Sturgis beat Tramelle and Tramelle's 14-year-old brother for hours using his fists, a club and even restraining them with duct tape. The documents also describe scars and bruises that would have happened before Friday.

But Dellia says she had never seen her son hurt his children in the past.

"I've never seen anything like this from my son, ever." Dellia said, "I don't know what happened, what went wrong, I just don't know."

Terry was living in the home on West Washington Street with his mother and five children. According to Dellia, he has always been a good father. He has taken care of all of his kids, even though their mother hasn't been around.

"My son is a good son," Dellia said, "My son has never had issues with the law, he's a very good father good son, brother, uncle. He just tried to be the rock for our family."

Dellia says Terry had been going to National College, working toward a degree in pharmacy. Just this summer he had made the honor roll.

But Terry has had some major health issues.

Dellia says he's on dialysis, is in need of a kidney transplant and has been on numerous prescribed medications. Many of those medications come with warnings of side effects including hallucinations, depression and confusion.

Dellia believes those medications could have led to what happened on Friday.

"I do think all of these prescriptions that he's taking played a role in it," she said, "He's under so much strain trying to raise five children on his own, dealing with dialysis, being in desperate need of a kidney."

Dellia says one of the children had been in trouble at school and Terry had threatened to "whoop" him, but she didn't say if that triggered what happened on Friday.

Sturgis' 14-year-old son was also injured in the beating. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. He and the three other children have been taken into foster care, according to Dellia.