Monday, October 19, 2009

Deputies: Dad confesses to killing mom, with 9-year-old daughter nearby (Wellington, Florida)

Dad LANCE McLELLAN shot his wife to death, with his 9-year-old daughter nearby. She can be heard yelling in a recording of the 911 call, and later talked to the operator. Horrible, that this selfish man not only have shot his wife to death in cold blood, but subjected his daughter to his vicious cruelty as well.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/upscale-4721851-confesses-wellington.html

Deputies: Man confesses to killing wife, with daughter nearby
October 15, 2009 7:25 PM
Chuck Weber

WELLINGTON-An upscale neighborhood near Wellington is where investigators say a man killed his wife and shot himself, all with the couple's 9-year old daughter close by. However Lance McLellan was only grazed by his own gunshot. He went before a judge Thursday with a bandage on his face-- charged with first degree murder.

It happened Wednesday night in the gated equestrian community of Homeland. From the couple's home on a densely wooded property, the victim, Kathyrn McLellan, called 911.

The arrest report says the McLellans' 9-year old daughter could be heard yelling in the background. After that there was a gunshot.

Dispatchers called back. According to the arrest report, Mr. McLellan answered, saying, "Things aren't good, you better get here. My name is Lance McLellan and I just shot my wife." He went on to say, "She was cheating on me, I caught her and it's done."

When dispatchers called again, the daughter picked up. She told the operator her parents were fighting and they had a gun. She said, "My mom is in the bathroom and I don't know where my dad is. I don't know if my mom and dad are alive."

"It's a shame," said Homeland resident Janice Sansone, who said she did not know the McLellan's. "I don't like seeing anybody getting killed," she added.

Neighbors who did know the McLellan's tell us they were good people and the incident stunned them. Mr. McLellan worked in code enforcement for Palm Beach County for some 16 years.

Judge Ted Booras ordered McLellan held with no bail.