Saturday, July 26, 2014

Dad found guilty of 2nd-degree murder in death of 9-month-old son, sentenced (Rochester, New York)

Yet another case where Mom was working to support the family while the violent, short-tempered father played at "caregiver." This POS didn't even bother to get medical help. The baby had been dead at least two hours before Mom got home and called for help. This seems to happen a lot in these cases. Needless to say, Daddy has also consistently lied about what happened.

Dad is identified as MAURICE "CHRIS" FAISON.

Dad gets 25 years to life in infant's death

Gary McLendon, Staff writer 5:56 p.m. EDT July 24, 2014

Maurice "Chris" Faison, the Rochester father who was found guilty last month of killing his 9-month-old son, has been sentenced to 25 years to life.

Faison was sentenced by Monroe County Court Judge James Piampiano Thursday, according to a news release from Monroe County prosecutors.

Faison, 24, was found guilty on June 25, of second-degree murder, first-degree aggravated manslaughter, first-degree criminal contempt, criminal contempt, endangering the welfare of a child, and criminal obstruction of breathing for causing the death of Tristen Faison.

Rochester police responded to Hartsen St. on Sept. 3, 2013 after the mother came home to find Tristen unresponsive in his crib.

Tristen was rushed to Strong Memorial Hospital and was pronounced dead at 5:22 p.m., police said.

At the time of Tristen's death, he had broken collar bone and ribs, and his death was caused from multiple blunt force trauma to the head, said Andra Ackerman, deputy chief of the Monroe County District Attorney's Office Special Victims Trial Division.

The District Attorney's Office, in a written statement, said an autopsy revealed the child suffered massive brain trauma while in Faison's exclusive care. An examination of Tristen's body would reveal that the he died more than two hours before paramedics were notified.

During his trial, Maurice Faison claimed his son's injuries were the results of an accidental fall. However, medical experts demonstrated that the infant's injuries were not consistent with the defendant's explanations, and were in fact much more severe.

"The defendant's acts that afternoon showed a depraved indifference to human life, and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to participate in bringing justice to this most innocent of victims," said Ackerman, in a written statement.

Faison, who has remained in custody since his Sept. 13, 2013 arrest will soon be transported to the State Department of Corrections, to serve his sentence.