Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dad on trial for murdering mom, abandoning 2-year-old daughter at murder scene (Brentwood, Tennessee)

Contrary to the weird claims of the FR folks, batterers and child abusers are one and the same. The same f***er who has no problem gunning down his wife has no problem abandoning a 2-year-old child in her crib.

Daddy is identified as RANDOLPH MAIDENS.


'Daddy's gone': How two-year-old told cops his father 'had shot dead orthodontist wife and left apology note before fleeing'
Randolph Maidens 'left his toddler daughter alone with wife's body and eluded authorities for 12 hours'
Police launched massive manhunt and Maidens was caught the next day
The little girl was unharmed and is now with relatives
Authorities have not yet revealed a motive for the alleged murder

By Daily Mail Reporter and James Nye

PUBLISHED:17:45 EST, 26 May 2013| UPDATED:19:11 EST, 26 May 2013

New details emerged this week during a preliminary hearing for a Tennessee man accused of shooting dead his 34-year-old wife in the family home while his two-year-old child was left alone upstairs in a crib.

The court heard that Randolph Maidens, 42, fled his Brentwood home on April 21st, leaving behind his dead wife Dr. Rachael Maidens, a confessional note on the kitchen counter, a shotgun on the couch, a car trunk stuffed with $87,200 and his young daughter who told responding officers, 'Daddy gone!'

A coroner's report indicates that the orthodontist was found on the ground floor of the couple's home and died from multiple gunshot wounds said Lt. John Wood of the Brentwood Police Department.

Police rushed to the plush home after a request by Dr. Maidens mother to check on her daughter after she suspected that Maidens might cause harm to his wife and daughter.

The court heard how police could not raise anyone by knocking the door, so entered the property through an unlocked garage door and after announcing they were in the home heard a young child announce, 'I'm here.'

The young child told officers that her father was gone and then were presented with the shocking sight of Dr. Maidens body wrapped in a blanket in a hallway close to the living room.

A shotgun was rested up against the couch and a note nearby 'expressing regret for what happened' and asking for custody of the child to go to Dr. Maiden's mother.

Officers also discovered $87,200 in his 2013 Infinit parked inside the home garage, including two Fed Ex envelopes filled with cash in a fireproof safe.

While an extensive manhunt could not locate Maidens, he walked back into his home with his hands above his head at around 6 a.m. on April 22nd.

Bail was set at $750,000, lowered from its original $2.5 million but District Attorney General Kim Helper argued at the time for the amount to be higher.

This was because Maidens got into an altercation with three men during a conference he attended in Orlando, Florida earlier in the year - before he became unemployed.

Witnesses who heard the argument allege that Maidens made statements in which he admitted wanting to kill his wife.

However, Maidens' attorney, David Raybin, said that his client showed no intention of fleeing as his passport was in his desk drawer and pointed to the fact he surrendered himself freely.

On the evening of the murder, Brentwood police, helped by a SWAT Team, a K-9 unit and helicopters, launched an overnight manhunt for Maidens and put the gated community on lockdown as they searched the area.

Maidens eventually walked out of the woods behind the back of his house and was taken into custody without incident at 6 am on Monday, ABC News reported.

At the time one neighbor described how she witnessed Maidens acting bizarrely three weeks before the shooting.

'I saw him running through the woods behind our house, and he a had on a black ski mask and a backpack that looked like a quiver,' the neighbor told WKRN-TV.

'It was daytime and he was running through the woods... and down to the ravine, right past our house, and I followed him and he laid down in the ravine and pulled off the ski mask.'

When she asked him what he was doing, 'he made some kind of statement that made no sense' before adding, 'Well, I was walking my dogs, I got lost', she said.

Maidens appeared before a Williamson County magistrate judge In April and was charged with homicide in the death of his wife, the Williamson County Sheriff's Department told ABC News.

He has no criminal record but on February 23, he was arrested for driving under the influence and refusing to take a Breathalyzer test, records show.

He was released on $1,500 cash bond and will appear in court on May 29 at 9 a.m. for the charge.

Rachael Maidens owned an orthodontist practice, RM Orthodontics, in Maryland Farms.

'I think to say just how sorry I am and I'm going to miss coming to the office and seeing her,' former patient Cindy Bayer toldNews Channel 5. 'She always had a smile and was always friendly. She obviously enjoyed what she did, so it's a shame that her life's work is gone.'

Mrs Maidens, who grew up in Brentwood, met her husband while practicing in Atlanta for three years.

The couple's daughter has been placed with relatives.