Friday, November 16, 2012

Dad brutally injures 8-week-old daughter during visitation; baby on life support (Vandergrift, Pennsylvania)

Another case where Daddy got joint custody and/or visitation with a newborn. This poor baby was just 8-weeks-old, and now she's on life support. All because her sh**-for-brains father was allowed access--a dude who basically assaulted an infant for crying, and then "thought nothing of it" when the baby became unresponsive. Precious hours were no doubt lost when this baby could have received treatment for her brain injuries.

You know what? If your relationship with the mother doesn't even survive the birth, maybe you're just not into the fatherhood thing, ya know? More and more, I'm convinced that these (apparently) unmarried sperm donors just need to be set free. They are bad news.

Dad is identified as MATTHEW MILISITS.

Shaken baby has brain damage; father charged

By Tribune-Review

Published: Friday, November 16, 2012, 10:18 a.m. Updated 42 minutes ago

A Vandergrift man has been jailed for allegedly shaking his eight-week-old daughter so hard she sustained brain damage, state police said.

Matthew Milisits, 30, of Sherman Avenue, admitted to police he shook the baby because she wouldn’t stop crying, according to a criminal complaint filed to support charges.

The baby is on life support at Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh, the complaint states. A spokeswoman at Children’s declined comment.

Milisits had custody of his daughter Thursday between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m., according to police.

When he returned the infant back to her mother, Samantha Ludwiczak, of Wysocki Avenue, North Apollo, the infant was unresponsive, police said.

The baby was flown to Children’s Hospital, police said.

Milisits initially denied knowing how the baby girl was injured. But then he said he had accidentally hit the infant’s head off the bathroom door, but the girl didn’t cry out so he “thought nothing of it,” according to the complaint.

Milisits said the infant eventually began to cry and soiled her diaper. He told police that when she wouldn’t stop crying, he shook her “violently” to try to get her to stop.

He was arrested at Children’s Hospital and charged with aggravated and simple assault, recklessly endangering another person and endangering the welfare of children.

He has been committed to the Westmoreland County Jail in lieu of $500,000 bond.