UNNAMED DAD apparently didn't secure his unidentified prescription medication, so somehow his 2-year-old son ingested it and died.
Citrus County sheriff's detectives investigating death of 2-year-old boy
Published: August 14, 2009
Citrus County sheriff's detectives are investigating the death of a 2-year-old boy who apparently ingested his father's prescription medication.
The child, Taijade Wan, was taken to Citrus Memorial Hospital on Thursday morning where he was pronounced dead, deputies say.
The sheriff's office gives this account of what happened about 9 a.m. at 7828 N. Hale Drive in Citrus Springs:
Deputies arrived at the home after receiving a call from the father that the boy was unconscious and not breathing. The father performed CPR on the child, but could not revive him.
The boy's 3-year-old brother may have also taken the prescription medication, but he was not hurt, deputies say.
An autopsy on the toddler is scheduled this morning at the medical examiner's office in Leesburg.