Friday, August 7, 2009

Dad murders mom, 18-year-old son finds bodies (Aberdeen, South Dakota)

Dad DENNIS HAGEN shot his wife, then himself. He apparently figured his wife's life was less than dirt. And it seems he didn't care that his traumatized 18-year-old son would find the bodies, either. That's called narcissism, folks. Abusers who commit murder-suicides are usually full of it (narcissism, that is).

Another hat tip to Joan for pointing out this article.

http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/52552852.html

Neighbor Heard Cry For Help In Aberdeen Murder-Suicide
Originally printed at http://www.ksfy.com/news/local/52552852.html

A couple who was found dead this morning by their teen-aged son. They are identified as Dennis and Jeanne Haugen, both 39. Police are saying Jeanne Haugen was murdered while Dennis Haugen died of a self inflicted gunshot wound.

The Haugen's lived at 828 South Merton Street and neighbors say for the most part they kept to themselves. One woman says she heard a cry for help last night.

The Haugen's 18-year-old son made a frantic call to the police after he found both of his parents dead from gunshot wounds. He was waiting outside when the police arrived.

Rita Mack, a neighbor who lives across the street says she was watching tv and thinks she may have heard the 18-year-old's cry for help through her window.

"When I heard that noise 'help me, help me', I was thinking it was some kids playing outside."

So Rita continued watching tv not knowing what had happened across the street.

"I heard it start up again. Then I turned the tv down and I could hear the same voice saying 'help me, help me.' "

Rita realized something was going on in her normally quiet neighborhood when Merton Street was lined with ambulances and police.

"Then I saw them with this young man and that's when I came out and they started pulling the rope across. Then I started wondering what happened, if there was a shooting."

Police believe Dennis Haugen shot his wife Jeanne and then shot himself in the head leaving their 18-year old son without parents and a neighborhood in shock.