Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Alcoholic dad blames 4-year-old daughter for beating death of toddler son during his custody time (Wollongong, Australia)

UNNAMED DAD sounds like a booze-addled pathological liar (notice that he ADMITS to drinking "seven or eight beers daily"). According to this moron, the boy was sick when Mom dropped him off--but notice that Daddy didn't seek medical care. Then he tries to blame a "violent" 4-year-old daughter for the boy's fatal beating--though he admits in a moment of confusion he had only seen her kick the boy a "couple of times." Then he claims the neighbor was lying about screaming coming from the house. Then he claims he told the mother when she picked up the kids that the boy needed a doctor. Again, if the boy was in bad shape, why didn't Daddy call the doctor?

And yet with all this convoluted bullsh**, MOM is the one on trial for manslaughter for failing to get a doctor on time? Are you kidding me?


Father blames four-year-old girl for dead toddler's injuries

Date February 10, 2015
Shannon Tonkin

The father of a Wollongong toddler who died from untreated stomach and head injuries has denied ever hitting the child, instead claiming it was the boy's four-year-old sister who regularly abused him.

The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, said his daughter had been violent towards her younger brother since his birth, often kicking, biting, and punching him and jumping on his stomach.

"It happened all the time," the man told a Supreme Court jury on Monday at the start of the second week of a manslaughter trial against his former partner - the boy's mother.

The woman is accused of perpetuating her son's death by failing to get him medical treatment for acute head and stomach injuries.

He died in Wollongong Hospital on August 3, 2012.

A post-mortem examination showed the boy had bleeding on the brain and a perforated gut at the time of his death, as well as evidence of widespread bruising on his body.

The autopsy also revealed older injuries including multiple bone fractures and a traumatic lump at the back of the abdominal cavity.

The boy's father told the court he never hit his son in the weeks and days before he died, but said his daughter tormented her brother non-stop by kicking, punching, pushing and biting him, as well as jumping on his stomach.

The man said he smacked his daughter for the behaviour when he could, but often couldn't catch her to administer the punishment because she "ran too fast" around the lounge room.

He denied suggestions that he couldn't catch the girl because he was intoxicated and unsteady on his feet, despite admitting he drank seven or eight beers daily.

Meantime, the man recalled on one occasion seeing teeth marks on his son's cheek after he was bitten by the daughter.

"They lasted all day, then there was a bruise," he said.

"One time she pushed him into the TV stand. He had a bruise on the left side of his head."

Despite the apparently regular incidences of violence perpetrated on the boy, the man said he could only recall seeing his daughter kick his son in the stomach and chest "a couple of times" each.

He also said he couldn't remember seeing bruises or evidence of injuries on any other occasion other than the biting incident and the TV stand incident.

When asked if the girl had attacked her brother the day before his death, the man said she had not because of the boy's illness.

The man explained that he was concerned about the boy because he looked very sick when the mother had dropped him and his sister off at their father's house for babysitting for a few hours on the morning of August 2.

"His lips were blue, he was pale and he was shivering," the man said.

"He wasn't looking normal when he was walking around, he was limping."

The man said he put the boy in bed, even going to check on him a few minutes later to make sure "he was still alive".

He denied reports from a neighbour that he raised his voice and yelled while the children were in the house, or that the boy let out a "blood-curdling" scream at one stage during the morning.

He said when the children's mother returned to pick them up he told her the boy was sick and she should take him to see a doctor.

The trial continues.