Friday, April 6, 2012

Dad gets 13 years in jail for repeatedly raping daughter (Mackay, Australia)

Too bad UNNAMED DAD didn't manage to off himself. I can't help but wonder if this was a single dad. If not, where was the mother all this time? Notice that this girl endured more years of rape, battery, and assault (14) than Daddy will be getting in prison (13). Where's the justice in that?

Sins of a sex monster father

Bruce Mckean | 7th April 2012 2:00 AM

 A MACKAY sex monster molested his own daughter for 14 years and repeatedly raped her when she was a teenager.

In one of the worst cases of its kind to come before a court in Mackay, the 45-year-old father was jailed for 13 years in the District Court on Thursday.

The girl was molested in the most horrible ways repeatedly between the age of four years and 18 years.

"I only have future memories to look forward to," she said in a victim impact statement.

Her father violated her between 1995 and 2008.

He pleaded guilty to 12 charges including five of incest, two of rape, and four of indecently treating a child under 12.

The child grew up knowing nothing but sexual abuse, Crown prosecutor Chris Winlaw said.

Since she was four she was molested at home, in a car parked by the Pioneer River and in a shed in the family's backyard.

"There has been a devastating effect on her," Mr Winlaw said. "She was subjected to repeated sexual acts for virtually all her childhood. "Because it was happening since she was four years old, she didn't know any better.

 "In her words, he took her virginity and from the age of 14 he had regular intercourse with her," Mr Winlaw said.

When she turned 13, her father arranged for her to go on the pill so he could not get her pregnant.

"When she grew older and realised it was wrong, he persisted."

The father also assaulted her by punching her and slapping her.

At one stage he got a knife and cut his wrist as a type of emotional blackmail. He also chased her down the street with a knife.

He also tried to commit suicide but his daughter described that as "attention seeking".

When she was 18 he sent her a text message: "I'm sorry it happened but I wouldn't change anything." However, in another text he told her that if he could go back in time he wouldn't have done anything to hurt her.

The father was supposed to appear in court three weeks ago but he took an overdose of anti-depressants and was found unconscious by police at his Northern Beaches house and was taken to the Mackay Base Hospital where he was held under police guard for several days before being transferred to the Mackay watch-house.