Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Custodial dad raped daughter over six years, telling her it was their "secret" (Sydney, Australia)

It sounds so self-evident, because it is. UNNAMED DAD would not have been able to rape his daughter had he not been provided access to the victim. Notice that the rapes started when HE GOT TEMPORARY CUSTODY for five months. When he got more permanent custody four years later (for two years), the sexual assaults and rape continued.


Daughter told assault was 'secret', court hears

The Sydney Morning Herald

A FATHER accused of sexually assaulting his young daughter over six years told her it was their little secret, a Sydney court has heard.

The father, 59, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been charged with seven counts of indecently assaulting his daughter on numerous occasions between 1982 and 1988. He has pleaded not guilty to all charges.
In his opening address at the Downing Centre District Court yesterday, prosecutor Craig Everson told the jury the daughter - now 38 - was one of four.

By 1980 the parents had separated and the father had started a relationship with his brother's wife. While the daughters stayed with the mother in Queensland, his two sons lived with the new couple in NSW. 

But in 1982 the girl's mother fell ill and they lived with their father for about five months.

It was during this time, the Crown alleges, that the first case of indecent assault took place.

''He told her, 'You're daddy's little girl. This is our little secret','' Mr Everson said.

At the end of 1986, when the daughter went to live with her father again for two years, more abuse, including sexual intercourse, allegedly occurred.

''[She] became conditioned … and thought of them as part of a normal relationship with a father,'' Mr Everson said.

Defence barrister Ertunc Ozen said there was no dispute the father and daughter lived together in two homes on the NSW mid-south and north coast between 1986 and 1988; the conflict was about what happened.

He said the father denied any inappropriate touching and that the daughter was sent back to her mother for disciplinary reasons.

''She was happy to come, happy to stay, but not happy to be sent back,'' Mr Ozen said. Later, as an adult, she asked her father for work on his fishing boat, he said.

The trial before Justice Stephen Norrish continues. .