Saturday, January 17, 2015

Dad charged with injuring 6-month-old daughter (Weatherford, Texas)

It is very sad that we live in a country where mothers with 6-month-old infants have to work the night shift to support their families--all so deadbeat abuser a$$hole daddies like this one can assault innocent babies for crying.

Dad is identified as ROBERT BRANDON MORRIS.

Father charged with injuring 6-month-old daughter

Jordan Armstrong, WFAA 12:58 p.m. CST January 16, 2015

WEATHERFORD -- A 6-month-old baby is recovering at a Fort Worth hospital, and her father has been charged with putting her there.

Robert Brandon Morris, 33, is currently in the Parker County Jail on a first degree felony charge of Injury to a Child Causing Serious Bodily Injury, Weatherford police said in a release on Friday.

Medical staff at Cook Children's Hospital in Fort Worth called officers on the evening of Jan. 14 to report injuries to the baby, which included several bruises all over her body as well as serious head trauma.

Staff members told police that the child's injuries didn't seem accidental, and officers arrived to interview her parents.

They learned that the family had been living in a motel off I-20 in Weatherford. The child's mother, whose name has not been released, told them she works the night shift at a restaurant and the baby was fine when she left for work Tuesday night.

At about 4 a.m. Wednesday, the mother got a phone call from her boyfriend, Morris, saying their daughter had fallen on the floor and was lifeless. She hurried home and Morris called 911.

Paramedics saw that the baby's injuries were serious, so they transported her to Cook Children's Hospital. That's when medical staff called police.

While being interviewed by officers, Morris admitted he had wrapped his hands around the infant's neck at one point and applied pressure until she stopped making noise.

He also admitted to throwing his daughter on the bed because she wouldn't stop crying.

The baby is currently in serious but stable condition at the hospital, and the case is still under investigation.