Monday, December 17, 2012

Dad murders mom during apparent custody "dispute"; 9-year-old girl calls police (Hamilton, Tasmania)

Update: "Detective Inspector Riley says police are investigating whether the murders were triggered by a dispute over access to the child." Of course. Access to the kids is always used as a way to control/abuse (murder) the mother. That's what abusive fathers do. The fact that this freak pumped bullets into his son's mother with the boy beside him in the car proves that this sh** couldn't have care less about "quality time" with his child.

You know what? When Daddy guns down Mom, it's not an access or custody "dispute." It's an all-out one-sided war, with only one side being armed.


Girl, 9, called police after mother shot

December 17, 2012

A NINE-YEAR-OLD girl called police after her mother and her mother's partner were shot dead in Tasmania.

The bodies of a woman, 31, and a man, 34, were found at a property on Hamilton Plains Road at Hamilton, a small rural town 70 kilometres from Hobart, about 5am on Sunday. \

Detective Inspector Colin Riley said the alleged gunman, a 59-year-old man, was previously in a relationship with the dead woman.

He was found at Lachlan, 45 kilometres away, lying beside a car pulled over to the side of the road, with a gunshot wound to the head.

The man's one-year-old son, whose mother was the dead woman, was unharmed and found inside the car.

Inspector Riley said the man's gunshot wound was inflicted shortly before or just as a police car arrived. He is under police guard at Royal Hobart Hospital and is in a critical condition after surgery.

Inspector Riley said the girl called police using a mobile phone.

"It appears that the nine-year-old heard what occurred in the house and we are still ascertaining … what was seen by that child,'' Inspector Riley said.

The couple who were killed had been in a relationship and living in the Hamilton house for about four months.

Inspector Riley said there had been no reports of violence involving the woman and her alleged killer.

The children, including a third child who was not in the house at the time, were being cared for by their grandparents.

Inspector Riley said the shooting had shocked the close-knit town.