Monday, December 17, 2012

Mom confronts custodial dad who killed their son, shot daughter (Houston, Texas)

We have posted on this case several times before. It involves an abusive father, PREDRAG PERISIC, who gained custody in Montreal, Canada--then promptly moved the two kids to Texas, denying them any contact with their mother.

All of this is consistent with a pattern that's nearly unversal in all these cases. The mother was accused of "exaggerating" or lying about the father's abuse. The authorities reflexively defended the father and his rights while condemning the mother and disregarding the children's wishes (the kids weren't even allowed to speak in court). And then despite all the fathers rights rhetoric about "sharing," the violent daddy cut off all maternal contact once he had possession. These kids--who were Canadian citizens--were moved out of the country on one day's notice. They were literally pulled out of school. After months of no contact, the mother was granted "full temporary custody." But it was useless. The RCMP and the FBI refused to help or get involved. When the father was finally tracked down by local law enforcement for custodial interference, he shot the kids.

Judge Helene Le Bel failed these children miserably. The "best of interest of the child" was totally ignored in this case. These children--who were far from toddlers--made it absolutely clear that they wanted to stay with their mother and that they did not feel "safe" with their father in Texas. And this judge chose to totally ignore past evidence of abuse by discounting the testimony of the mother and children. Instead, the killer dad was lauded as a "good father."

And we now see the results of the judge's fathers rights sympathies: One child dead, the other still recovering from eight gunshot wounds.

http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/eastex/news/mother-confronts-ex-husband-who-killed-their-son-shot-daughter/article_26245b03-2b71-5e55-a9da-a14aa3fe2cba.html

Mother confronts ex-husband who killed their son, shot daughter

Danyela Perisic

Posted: Monday, December 17, 2012 4:11 am | Updated: 9:04 am, Mon Dec 17, 2012.

By From Staff Reports Houston Community Newspapers

Vera Vucerakovich read a victim impact statement to the court and to her ex-husband Predrag Perisic, who was sentenced on Dec. 14 to two 99-year prison sentences for killing their son and shooting their daughter.

The following statement was read in court by Vucerakovich:

“I will start by saying there is no crime more heinous than a crime against innocent children; the crime is more intensified when the crime was committed by the child’s father,” wrote Vucerakovich. “A parent is someone who protects their children, who treats them as individuals and not a possession. A parent’s foremost responsibility is to love and care for them. To raise them to become loving, caring adults in society. This individual took this privilege and, for his own personal agenda, murdered his son and (had) the same intention for his daughter.

“Deyan was the sweetest child. Always laughing, he had the kindest disposition with everyone he met. Deyan was kind to all his classmates, his teammates on his soccer teams, neighbors, friends and teachers. His love of life was brutally taken away. I cry on a regular basis when I see a child his age with his mother shopping in a grocery store or in the mall. Deyan was always ready and willing to accompany me on my daily tasks. My son will never have the privilege of graduating, attending his prom, pursing his goals. His father took that away from him, me and my family and, of course, his sister Danyela. Deyan was a loving son. He and I shared moments that a mother and son can only have. His laughter and humor was contagious with his bright blue eyes, and a smile that would certainly warm your heart and make you smile. He loved his little pranks as a young boy. His curiosity was a pleasure to feed as a mother. Always on the go, riding his bike, kicking his soccer ball, so full of life, wanting and enjoying to be around people. He was my social butterfly.

“The torture of living in fear for months, not knowing why their father is doing this to them and afraid to ask and seek help is a terror that no one should be subject to or have to experience. His decision to not obey the law’s and decisions of the courts in both Texas and Canada clearly indicates the disrespect he has for the law. He chose to do things his way as he said ‘he would be the winner.’

“Danyela survived by the grace of God and miraculous surgeons who saved her life at the children’s trauma hospital in Houston, to speak the truth. Her multiple surgeries have left her entire body scarred. The months of recovery and pain she endured for months on end was unbearable to witness. No mother should have to witness a 12-year-old go through withdrawal symptoms from the pain-relieving drugs. Her recover to learn to use her right hand, as well as to walk again was extensive. The months in the hospital here in Texas and Canada were extremely difficult on her and me. All this while still mourning my son and her only brother whom she loved and adored.

“Danyela has to live the rest of her life explaining all the very deep scars covering her body. To this date, she is still unable and probably never will be able to do certain activities that her friends enjoy due to her substantial injuries. No high-impact sports, no skating, basketball, volleyball, skiing, running etc. She is still at that very tender age when her friends go to the swimming pool. She will not attend because no matter what type of bathing suit she wears the scars are clearly visible.

“Her tenacity to overcome all this trauma and injuries is proof that my daughter is an amazing young lady. All her and her brother wanted was to come back home to Montreal where they were born and raised. In a home where they felt safe and loved by their grandmother (my mother) their Aunt Mira (my sister) her Uncle Mike and cousins Vicky, Melissa and Adriana, from the day they were born. The pain and suffering I endure on a daily basis is hard to relay for it is so very deep. I continue to find the power to be strong and persistent for my daughter. These past two years and even prior to that have resulted in an excruciating heartache. I have horrific nightmares and visions of what my beautiful children endured during their captivity. They were told lies or nothing at all what was happening to them. Danyela has recounted the days to me of their unbearable and agonizing days and the fear they lived through by this monster who calls himself a father. This individual is a coward, a coward who could not deal with accepting a final judgment that I fought for months.

“I always told my children when I was allowed to speak to them or see them, ‘Mommy would never give up.’ I knew that the right judgment would occur. Yet, when it did, this monster was not able to come to terms with what was finally realized by the courts. His decision to take things into his own hands is proof of the absolute disgusting, horrible person that he is.

“People, friends and family always ask, ‘is there something you need’ or something they could do for me. The answer is quite simple: what I need I can never get back in this lifetime. A part of me was taken away on that sad tragic day Dec. 13, 2010. That part of me can never be replaced nor will it heal. The night that two police officers came to my door in Montreal and told me that my son Deyan is dead and Danyela is in surgery after she sustained eight bullet wounds from this monstrous individual is a moment of my life I will never forget and shall continue to haunt me. He has physically and emotionally altered our lives forever.

“I sincerely trust that this court will take my statement in very high consideration of the crimes against my innocent children and proceed with the highest form of punishment.”

Danyela Perisic

The daughter of Predrag Perisic, Danyela Perisic was shot several times by her father and survived the attack. She also submitted a victim impact statement that was read by her mother during the sentencing hearing on Dec 14. The following is the full text of her statement: “I have lots of anger against my dad and I hate him for what he did to me and my family,” she wrote. “I think he has never been a father to me and he never will. I never want to see his disgusting face ever again in my life. He’s impacted my family in a negative way ever since I was little. What he did to me causes me to think about it all the time. “By thinking about it causes me to lose sleep and have nightmares. I have lack of concentration because of all the troubles he has caused in my life and how this trial has been going on for two years already and I’d like for it to be over soon. “He ruined my life forever. He took something away from me that I can never get back. I never did anything to deserve what he has done to me and I think that he should never be able to see daylight ever again.”