Of course it's an UNNAMED DAD. Was there a mother in this home? Sure doesn't sound like it, or she would be facing charges as well. And there is no mention of that. So what happened to the mother?
INVISIBLE MOTHER ALERT.
Father charged over pimping out young daughter
By Cheryl Chan, With A File From CHBC News August 26, 2011
A Penticton father has been charged with pimping out his underage daughter for sex to at least three men, including a local mayoral candidate.
The 46-year-old father was arrested July 22 and has been charged with nine counts, including sexual assault, sexual exploitation, living off the avails of prostitution and a parent or guardian procuring sexual activity for a child under 18.
The man has not been identified due to a publication ban. He remains in custody pending a bail hearing in September.
Police are also keeping mum on the age of the girl - who is receiving support from victim services and social workers - in order to protect her identity.
Police began investigating the father in May after receiving a tip a young girl had been sexually victimized, RCMP spokeswoman Cpl. Annie Linteau said Thursday.
"We are continuing the investigation and it's possible other arrests could be made."
So far, three men - aged 34, 63 and 67 - have been arrested for allegedly receiving sexual services from the girl.
Police have not released their names, pending approval of charges, but one man - a fringe political candidate who plans to run for Penticton mayor in the fall - has come forward to admit he was a client of the girl.
Benny Wolfe, 67, said he met the girl and her pimp at a bus-stop bench. He said he asked the girl's age and hired her after he was told she is of legal age.
"She was reasonable, $100 for an hour of her time," said Wolfe, who claims he is innocent because he did not know the girl was underage.
In a letter to the editor published last week in the Penticton Herald, Wolfe said police arrested him on July 30 in front of the giant peach near Okanagan Lake for allegedly procuring the sexual services of a minor.
The alleged offence wasn't violent, Wolfe said, and that "what I have alleged to have done may not be acceptable to the majority of law-abiding citizens but I take full responsibility for anything I do in life and what I do in my personal life has nothing to do with my public life."
Wolfe and the two other men were released on the condition they not be in the presence of anyone under the age of 18. They are scheduled to appear in court in September and October.