Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Dad hold 2-year-old daughter hostage in armed siege (United Kingdom)

UNNAMED DAD starring in more bullsh** Daddy Drama.

This is yet another situation where the mother was trying to free herself from Daddy's abuse, and Daddy is insistent on reasserting his power over her and the kids.


Girl, two, 'held hostage by father'

Jul 9 2013 A man believed to be armed is holding his two-year-old daughter in a siege at a house, police have said.

Thames Valley Police said they are in "regular communication" with the 38-year-old, who has released the child's twin sister from the property in Morton Avenue, Kidlington, Oxfordshire.

A police spokesman said: "Thames Valley Police was called at 3.40am to an address in Morton Avenue to reports that a 38-year-old man was holding twin two-year-old girls at the property.

"The man is believed to be the father of the children, but is estranged from the mother and does not live at that address. The man has been in regular communication with the police and one girl was released at around 9.45am. Officers are continuing to speak to the man who is still inside the property with the other child."

Area commander Superintendent Christian Bunt said: "It is believed the man is armed, although no indication has been given that he wishes to harm the children. We are doing all we can and our officers are determine to bring this situation to a close as soon as is possible."

A police spokeswoman confirmed the man is believed to be in possession of a firearm. He allowed the released girl to leave the property after negotiations with police, she added.

Thames Valley Police have described the incident as "domestic-related". Residents have been urged to avoid the area after the road and nearby routes were closed to allow police operations to take place safely.

A statement from Kidlington Neighbourhood Policing Team said: ''This is a contained incident and neighbourhood officers will be carrying out patrols speaking to residents. We strongly advise you to avoid the roads in and around Morton Avenue as there will not be any access.'' It was reported that up to 50 officers were dealing with the incident.

Mr Bunt told the Oxford Mail that police were contacted by a woman, believed to be the man's estranged partner, who managed to flee the address in the early hours of the morning.

"At approximately 3.40am this morning, we received a call from a female that had managed to flee from the address, reporting that her estranged partner was still currently in the address with two young two-year-old girls," he said. We've been in discussions with the male at the address over the last few hours with a view to bringing a resolution to the incident as quickly as possible and securing the safe release of the girls and for him to hand himself in to police."