Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Dad abducts teen son, kills him in murder-suicide during 7-hour police siege (Keenesburg, Colorado)

From whom was this murdered boy kidnapped? The mother? This is never explained here. Nor are we told anything about this boy's mother at all.

Clearly UNNAMED DAD was a dangerous and volatile man, and there was obviously good reason for him not having custody.


Father, son dead after 7-hour standoff

Joshua Hubbard, KUSA 5:57 p.m. MDT August 5, 2014

KEENESBURG - A father and son are dead following an hours-long standoff in the Weld County town of Keenesburg, according to Sgt. Sean Standridge of the Weld County Sheriff's Office.

Standridge said deputies tried to arrest a man on a kidnapping warrant around 6 p.m. Monday at his home in the 400 block of E. Kiser Ave. When deputies tried to serve the warrant, the man barricaded himself inside his home with his teen son, Standridge said.

The warrant was for an alleged kidnapping that occurred on July 30. The woman involved in that incident is okay, according to the sheriff's office, but no other details about the alleged kidnapping are being released at this time.

SWAT was also called out to the house after the man barricaded himself inside, and reverse notification calls were made, telling residents to avoid the area. Evacuations of surrounding residences were not ordered, according to the sheriff's department. Deputies responded to the house searching for a kidnapping suspect.

Weld County negotiators were in constant contact with the juvenile inside the home and tried to get him to come out of the home.

"The juvenile refused to leave the residence and told negotiators that he was there on his own accord," according to the Weld County Sheriff's Office.

Standridge said three people had been going in and out of the home around the time the standoff began. Deputies were able to safely get the three people away from the home. The ages of those individuals and their relationship to the suspect is not known at this time.

Around 1:35 a.m. on Tuesday, 9NEWS Reporter Noel Brennan heard a loud boom coming from the house.

Shortly after, the Weld County Sheriff's Department spokesperson said they discovered two bodies inside the house on the floor with gunshot wounds. The bodies were discovered by a camera that was deployed inside the house. The SWAT team then went inside and found both the suspect and the juvenile were dead. Investigators on Kiser Ave. now taking pictures in front of home where man and juvenile found dead.

Investigators are still trying to figure out what led up to their deaths. The juvenile is related to the suspect, Standridge said.

The Weld County Coroner's Office will identify the suspect and juvenile and will determine the causes of their deaths. Their names will not be released to the public until the family has been notified.

The Weld County Sheriff's Office said this is an ongoing investigation and there is no danger to the public.