Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Dad charged in death of 6-month-old daughter (Magnolia, Delaware)

Sounds like another one of those asinine deadbeat dads who was drafted into "childcare" while Mom worked. Notice that this idiot called the mother at work, and SHE was the one to call 911, not the idiot. Surprisingly common pattern with abusive male caretakers.

Dad is identified as RANDY D. MOSLEY.


Father charged with infant’s death

By Terri Sanginiti

The News Journal 9:45 a.m. EDT May 6, 2014

A Magnolia-area man surrendered to state police Monday to face charges that he recklessly caused the death of his 6-month-old daughter in October, police said Tuesday.

Randy D. Mosley, 27, of the first block of Marshview Drive in St. Jones Commons, was charged with felony endangering the welfare of a child by intentionally, knowingly or recklessly acting in a manner likely to cause injury thus causing death, said Master Cpl. Gary Fournier.

The incident leading to the charges occurred Oct. 11 when Mosley was caring for his infant daughter, Aryanna.

According to police, the baby was placed in her bassinet about 4 a.m. and awoke crying about 7:30 a.m. Mosley then moved the baby and bassinet from his bedroom to another room at the other end of the mobile home, changed her diaper and then gave her a bottle in the bassinet, police said.

Mosley propped the bottle in the baby’s mouth then wrapped a blanket around her head to hold the bottle, leaving her face exposed, police said. He then took another blanket and put it underneath the baby, tucking in her arms and folding the sides around her so she wouldn’t knock the bottle out of her mouth.

At that point, Mosley went back to sleep and awoke about 12:50 p.m. and checked on the baby to find the bottle out of her mouth and the blanket covering her face, Fournier said.

He told investigators that he left the room and returned to her bedroom a half-hour later to find the baby in the same position as he left her.

His attempts at waking her proved she was unresponsive, according to police.

Mosley then called the baby’s mother at work and she called 911, Fournier said.

When paramedics arrived, they rushed the baby to Kent General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

An autopsy conducted by the state Medical Examiner’s Office is pending, Fournier said.

Mosley was released on $5,000 unsecured bail.