Monday, April 26, 2010

Paedophile dad to be paroled (Queensland, Australia)

It's just disgusting that this UNNAMED DAD should be allowed out of prison and back into the general population. No wonder his daughter, who was sexually abused from the ages of 6 to 12, is having nightmares.

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/story/2010/04/27/sex-monster-is-back/

Paedophile father to be paroled
Sarah Crawford 27th April 2010

THE flashbacks and nightmares have returned to haunt her every night since she found out her paedophile father would soon be paroled from prison.

Now a former Sunshine Coast girl fears her father, who sexually abused her from the age of six to 12, may do the same to another vulnerable child.

The teenager, who cannot be named under Queensland law, showed immense courage when she read out a poem to a Maroochydore judge after her father pleaded guilty to the abuse and was sentenced in August, 2008.

While her 57-year-old father sat emotionless in the dock, his 15-year-old daughter told the court: “I don't want this monster to come back for more. He already haunts me in my dreams.”

Now, after serving a year and eight months, the man in her nightmares will soon be paroled.

The teenager heard the news she had been dreading about a week ago.

“I broke down when I found out. I was just in so much shock,” she said.

“He hasn't served even three months for every year he abused me – it's heart-breaking.”

The teenager said the abuse led to her trying to commit suicide four times, including an overdose a week before the sentencing in 2008.

She continues to receive counselling and takes medication for depression.

“He almost killed me ... I would have liked to see him do 10 to 15 years,” she said.

The teenager has made a submission to the parole board which included a letter from her doctor which expressed fears for her well-being if the father was released.

“I am just worried for other children,” she said.

“Once a paedophile always a paedophile. I have younger nephews and I am concerned for them.”
After her father was jailed, the teenager moved to regional New South Wales, where she still lives.

Her father will have to remain in Queensland until his parole ends in August, 2013.

The past two years have given her some time to heal, but she still has a long journey ahead of her.

“I have tried to go to school but I have trouble learning and dealing with the school environment.

“I dropped out of TAFE, I can't maintain a job, I am living off the welfare system,'' the teenager said.

“I still have a long way to go ahead of me but I am a lot better than I was two years ago.”