Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Daughters speak out about pedophile dad (Barton, England, United Kingdom)

The daughters of convicted pedophile dad TERRENCE WESTON are now speaking out about the abuse they suffered at their father's hands.

http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/headlines/4573496.Brave_sex_abuse_victims_reveal_their_agony_over_their_father_s_betrayal/

Brave sex abuse victims reveal their agony over their father's betrayal
6:10am Tuesday 1st September 2009

THE DAUGHTERS of a convicted paedophile have spoken out about the years of horrendous abuse they suffered at their father’s hands.

Terence Weston, 70, of Stowford Road, Barton, was jailed last week after admitting to string of sexual offences, including indecent assault and sexual activity with a child, back in the 70s and 80s.

His two daughters cannot be named for legal reasons but wanted to partially waive their anonymity to speak to the Oxford Mail about the devastating effect their father, a ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ character, has had on their lives, their relationships with men, and their fears they may not have been his only victims.

The women, who are now both in their forties, think the abuse started when the eldest sister was 11 but said they cannot be sure if it happened when they were younger and it’s been just too painful for them to recall.

The youngest daughter added: “It went on in our family for about ten years. Between the ages 15 and 16, he was still trying to grope and trying to get me on the floor but I began to fight back.

“One moment he was trying to be flirtatious and sexually explicit and pawing all over me, the next he was aggressive and physically violent.

“I remember my mother taking me to the doctors one time and saying to him ‘Terry went too far this time, I think he’s broken her jaw’. She was paralysed by her fear of him.

“I don’t know if we were the only ones he abused, but I hope if there was anyone else they will come forward after this.”

Their father, who was a housing officer also had a successful career with a car firm and had been involved as a volunteer at Barton Neighbourhood Centre.

The sisters did not want to be pictured but said they had chosen to release a photograph of them with their father on a family day out before they believe the abuse started, to show their innocence and how much their father betrayed it.

The younger sister said: “I see our lives in two halves.

“When I was younger my dad was my buddy. He was the one who took me into Oxford and bought me my tartan for my Bay City Rollers trousers.

“I have a happy memory of a caravan holiday in Wales when I was wearing them. I later found out in court that was the holiday he abused my sister on. Every happy memory I have of him is tarnished.”

The eldest sister said she decided to break her silence to encourage other victims of abuse to speak out against their attackers.

She said: “The sexual side of my life is ruined, my trust, everything.

“I have got children, and bringing them up has been hard. Always trying to do the right thing, always having to think twice about things.

“There’s more help out there than when I was a child with things like Childline. In doing this I want people to know it’s ok to talk about it. “ In court Weston’s defence lawyer said the former housing officer was relieved when he was charged because he had been faced with a ‘feeling of guilt’ for the past 30 years. He was jailed for two years and 10 months.

The sisters said they believed the judge had done everything he could to help them and knew his hands were tied by the law, but they did not believe their father felt any remorse for his actions.

The youngest sister added: “I want my father to fully appreciate how little regard he had for my human rights, my right to be loved and protected from harm and that he should have been the person to do this.”

The elder sister added: “If he had suffered that much guilt he would have handed himself in years ago.

“Although I am glad the court case has happened to bring this to a close, the pain will never, ever go away.”