Monday, June 25, 2012

Dad brutally murders 3-year-old twin daughters as part of "custody battle" (Mechanicsville, Virginia)

Yet another case where nobody believed the mother and her concerns about dad ROBERT D. KING and his sanity. Yet another case where a daddy used custody as a means to battle the mother for control, then opted for murder as a "final solution."

Despite Mom's concerns about Daddy's paranoia, he got visitation with two helpless 3-year-old girls, which he brutally murdered by slashing their throats and gassing them.

This appears to be a classic abuse-and-control killing. And it was obviously aided and abetted by the authorities who supported Daddy's weekend visitation. No visitation, no access, no murders.

To stop the bloodshed, we have to stop giving killer freaks like this dude access to the kids.

'My babies are dead': Estranged wife in bitter custody battle finds bodies of twin daughters, 3, and her ex-husband after he slit their throats
Mother went to the home when no one picked up the phone

Sheriff removed notes and video tape from the house

By Louise Boyle
UPDATED: 14:43 EST, 31 January 2012

A father going through a custody battle with his estranged wife allegedly pumped exhaust fumes from a van into a bedroom at his home before cutting his throat and those of his three-year-old twin daughters.

Police received a call at 3.30pm on Saturday from the girls' mother, Kristina Hooper. When they arrived, she was sobbing on her knees at the end of the gravel driveway, court records revealed.

'My babies are dead, they're in the house,' she told officers in Mechanicsville, Virginia.

Robert D King, 40, and twins Caroline and Madison King died as a result of cuts to the neck and carbon monoxide poisoning, according to Hanover County's chief medical examiner.

Deputies were overcome by fumes and had to ventilate the modest, one-story home before entering.

Flexible tubing had been attached from the exhaust pipe of King's van and snaked into the front bedroom, where the three were found dead.

Sheriff deputies removed duct tape, two notes, a video camera and several other items from the home.

The twins lived with their mother Ms Hooper at her home in Hanover County but both parents were fighting for custody. The twins had been visiting their father at the weekend and Ms Hooper went to the house after calling several times and getting no answer.

King filed for divorce in October, accusing his estranged wife of abandoning the family a month earlier. The couple were married in March 2008 and the girls born that August.

Ms Hooper alleged that King's paranoid behavior and verbal abuse, combined with a 'significant shoplifting problem,' were the cause of the failing marriage - something he denied.

She claimed she didn't abandon the family but that both had agreed despite marriage counseling that the relationship was over.

'I don't know if there's any training that can prepare you for an incident of this sort.'

In court documents, Ms Hooper said the separation followed a decline in King's mental state 'which created living conditions which were intolerable and constituted constructive desertion and cruelty'.

King's divorce attorney did not immediately return a message seeking comment.

On Sunday, mourners left flowers, balloons and teddy bears on the front porch of the home where the girls' bodies were found.

Nathan Cox, a close family friend, told local TV station CBS6 that there were no 'red flags' as to King's intentions despite the fact the family were going through a tough divorce.

He said: 'You don't take something from someone that's not yours... and in this case, he took two lives that weren't his.

Sgt Chris Whitely from the Hanover Police Department added: 'I don't know if there's any training that can prepare you for an incident of this sort.'

A prayer vigil was being organised by the small community tonight to show support for the grieving mother. Ms Hooper's family had asked that mourners bring candles and pink balloons to release in memory of the children.

'It's a tragedy all the way around, to lose two little girls at such a tender age,' a neighbor, Jean Atkins, told the Richmond Times-Dispatch. 'It hurts. It hurts everybody that has heard the story.'