Monday, September 27, 2010

Free Elsa Newman (Maryland)

My friend E. recently sent me information about this case, along with the link to the website. It's absolutely horrible what this mom is going through, but unfortunately, her case is all too typical. Too many persons in authority refuse to believe any allegations about a sexually abusive father, no matter what the evidence suggests. While some stories get mainstream media attention, many are ignored.

Make sure you sign the petition.

http://www.justice4elsanewman.com/

Elsa Newman's Story

My friend, Elsa Newman, did not immediately understand that her young children were complaining about sexual abuse during visits to their father. In the course of an unpleasant divorce, she had protective orders against the man, but was unaware that violence against women quite often turns into violence against children.

I am hoping and praying and doing everything I can to obtain justice for Elsa Newman (and many others.) These women are caught in secretive webs of concealment that are designed to obscure the true facts of the child abuse, domestic violence, guilt of the abuser and innocence of the protective parent—here, my friend, Elsa Newman.

Just as the abuse of Elsa’s children escalated, the lawyers involved in her divorce case turned the police on her to stick her with a family friend’s crime. The family friend broke into the bedroom where Elsa’s young child lay in bed with his unclothed father. She and the father fought and he was shot in the leg. She was charged with assault.

To this day, I cannot explain, even to myself how American justice could have failed my friend. She was convicted of conspiracy for attempted murder even though she was not there, no evidence linked her to the assault and the culprit testified that Elsa was innocent. I was at Elsa’s trials. I watched an ambitious, arrogant prosecutor invent a case with the help of the divorce lawyers.

We believe this is very wrong. We urge you to join with us to register your outrage at:

www.thepetitionsite.com/5/Free-Elsa-Newman/