Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Custodial dad stripped 8-year-old son named and chained him for five hours; mother has been "away" since boy was a baby (George Town, Malaysia)

Are you kidding? Mom has been "away" since this boy was a baby?

Take a closer look at Daddy, the one who stripped an 8-year-old child naked and chained him up. 

Do you think he is somehow incapable of beating, torturing, or even killing the boy's mother?

Do you think that even if she is still alive and well somewhere, she is able to come back and safely claim her son or "co-parent" with this torturer?

Honestly, the media just assumes we're all idiots. "Away" my @$$.


Cops to refer father of chained boy to DPP

Wednesday May 18, 2016 08:01 AM GMT+8

GEORGE TOWN, May 18 ― Police will refer the case of a 45-year-old school van driver who allegedly stripped naked and chained his eight-year-old son at a stairway of his flat for five hours in Paya Terubong last weekend to the deputy public prosecutor’s office soon for further action.

George Town police chief ACP Mior Farid Alathrash Wahid said police had already recorded the father’s statement and released him on police bail on Monday afternoon.

“We would complete our investigation soon and submit the investigation papers to the DPP’s office for the next course of action,” he said adding that if there were any elements of abuse appropriate action would be taken under the Children Act 2001 for child abuse.

In the incident, the father allegedly stripped his son naked and chained him for being naughty from 10pm on Saturday until 3am on Sunday.

A resident spotted the boy when he came home on Saturday night and took photographs and a video, and uploaded them on his Facebook page. The photographs and video had gone viral since.

Following media reports on the incident, the police investigated the case although no police report was lodged by anyone.

The boy has been placed under the care of the Welfare Department and police supervision since Monday.

Department director Said Sidup said the boy was warded at the Penang Hospital for medical observation following his traumatic experience.

“The boy’s health and mental condition will be supervised by the medical officers. We want to make sure he is in normal health.

“We are also trying to locate the mother of the boy who was said to be away since he was eight months’ old,” he said.