Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Custodial dad charged with manslaughter in starvation death of 21-month-old daughter (Brampton, Ontario, Canada)

Honestly, how stupid does the media think we are? There is not a lot of evidence here that the parents had joint shared custody. And even in the remote chance that they did, it was clearly not enforced. A kid does not die of malnutrition during a two-day visitation with Daddy. Plus, the signs of malnutrition would have been clear well before that. So common sense tells you that either the mother was complicit, or she was totally shut out. Well, she wasn't arrested for abuse in this case, so it's clear what was what here. Dad FRANK BRIAN O'DEA was either legally or effectively a custodial father.

See the Killer Dads and Custody list for Canada.


Brampton dad charged with manslaughter in toddler Victoria O'Dea's death

Police were called to Brampton home April 20 for a child without vital signs

CBC News Posted: Dec 17, 2015 11:58 AM ET|Last Updated: Dec 17, 2015 10:15 PM ET

A Brampton father is now facing a charge of manslaughter in connection with the death of his 21-month old daughter.

Frank Brian O'Dea, 42, who was initially charged with criminal negligence causing death, was arrested Wednesday and charged with failing to provide necessities of life, in addition to the manslaughter charge.

The new charges come in the wake of a provincial forensic report released Monday that found that malnutrition and dehydration were to blame for Victoria O'Dea's death.

Victoria was pronounced dead at hospital after police responded to a report just after midnight on April 20 of a child without vital signs at a home on Pappain Crescent in Brampton.

Her death prompted an outpouring of public support, with community members launching crowdfunding efforts to pay for the little girl's funeral.

Sources told CBC News that Frank Brian O'Dea and Victoria's mother were separated at the time of the girl's death. Const. Lori Murphy could not say whether the two shared custody.

Actor and comedian Russell Peters also stepped in, offering to help cover the funeral expenses.

O'Dea was released on bail eight months ago after the initial charges were laid.

He was supposed to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Brampton Thursday for a bail hearing connected to the new charges.

The 42-year-old will return to court on Monday.